InfluencesThe Black Lily is a flower of one of the most rare varieties.
Similarly, the Black Lily brand is known for developing and promoting cutting-edge women artists, of all backgrounds, whose voices have often been lost in the shuffle of our commercially dictated culture.
Black Lily: A Women in Music Series was an artist development showcase that was established in 1999 by critically acclaimed duo, the Jazzyfatnastees. The first series took place weekly at the Wetlands in New York (1999) and later became a weekly event at The Five Spot in Philadelphia (2000-2005).
Black Lily events have been held in London, Paris, Japan, San Francisco, Washington DC, Boston and, most recently, Los Angeles. Founders Mercedes Martinez and Tracey Moore created the series to support female vocalists and musicians who were being shut out of existing jam sessions around the country.
This international festival seeks to highlight groundbreaking women filmmakers and musicians.
Professional AffiliationsNY-WIFT, PIFVA, P-WIFT, GPCA
- Jan 24, 2008 9:56 PM Bouquet: A Wine & Chocolate Tasting
- Dec 30, 2007 4:39 AM Submit your film to Black Lily Film and Music Festival
- Dec 6, 2007 2:55 AM Black Lily Series at Rutgers Canceled.
- Sep 25, 2007 5:11 AM October 1st Film Submissions OPEN!!!
- Sep 22, 2007 6:52 PM Bloom: 2nd Annual Black Lily Inc. Fundraiser
Black Lily Film & Music Festival has 2845 friends.
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking
- Hometown: Philadelphia
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus